AUG 28 - SEPT 3, 2016
AUG 28 - SEPT 3, 2016
$2695 (USD) Inclusive 7-day retreat
$900 (USD) Hold deposit due upon sign up
Join us in the south of France for our YOGA & ART retreat in the land of Cezanne, Van Gogh and the beautiful landscape that inspired them. Enjoy relaxation, cuisine, daytrips, and spas along with daily art and yoga classes with EAT.PRAY.MOVE Yoga
FORM + FOCUS
We are so excited about another special collaboration with Julian Hyzler from EASEL&LENS to combine a look at creative focus with art projects in sketching and "ifonography" (smartphone photography) throughout the week. Yoga and meditation classes will be held daily to prepare our bodies and minds to find the beauty and details in the moments during our time in the south of France - and then these art projects will help us find news ways of seeing - both yoga and art working together to find FOCUS in the many layers of smells, sites, and sounds that abound in Provence. *NO PREVIOUS ART OR YOGA BACKGROUND REQUIRED. All levels are welcome, and participation is voluntary. Projects and classes will be offered as a completely exploratory, non-intimidating and personal experience.
This yoga retreat will take place at the beautiful villa of Bastide Avellanne. The Bastide is a charming fortified Provencal demure dating back to 17th century. Totally refurbished in 2011 it welcomes you with spacious light rooms in country style, all with modern en-suite bathrooms and independent apartments with every comfort.
In the Bastide you will find a vast air conditioned lounge with old leather sofas, a stone chimney, exposed beams and a bar, a dining room in the veranda overlooking the garden and a workshop-come-meeting room close to the pool.
Surrounded by vineyards Bastide Avellanne is set in a private park of 3 hectares, where the colours of the olive trees and centuries old oaks blend with the perfumes of lavender and rosemary, creating a small mediterranean paradise in where you will find a heated swimming pool and summer bar, giant chess, tennis and petanque courts.
Healthful, vegetarian food is part of the retreat experience, including breakfasts and dinners daily, as well as selected lunches. Enjoy cuisine which combines creativity and flavours with a special attention to creating balanced meals. Wholesome ingredients, freshness of the foods, cooking times and methods are present in every meal you will enjoy at the Bastide. Meals will be enjoyed on the terrace in the shade of the oak trees, or served by candlelight under the pergola or in the veranda. We'll feast on traditional flavours of Provence mixed with the French, Italian and Mediterranean styles as well. Plus, throughout the week we'll have a chance to sample many regional wines, aperitifs, and other tastes such as cheeses and various other specialties.
Guests will not only enjoy the villa and encompassing estate, but also the richness of the French cities and villages from the hills to the coast.
Bastide Avellanne is the ideal location to visit Provence. Situated only 30 minutes from the sea and from the Cote D'Azur between Cannes, St Tropez and Hyeres, with its hundreds of kilometers of white beaches, rocky capes and wild bays is considered the most beautiful coastline of France - 300 kilometers of coast accompanying the Mediterranean Sea, white sandy beaches, a preserved landscape, protected islands and famous locations renowned worldwide. It looks just as you see in postcards, fields of lavender, medieval villages, chateaux, markets full of colours where you can find local products and exotic spices, lively small towns with a slow way of life.
Day trips will allow guests to add arts, culture, adventure, and natural beauty to their retreat experience. Trips may include visits to small villages, large cities, and outdoor activities, even a gorgeous spa day in near the Cote D'Azur where guests can swim, enjoy a healthy lunch, schedule spa treatments, or simply enjoy the sun. See smaller villages that few tourists go, and get a true education and taste of France with various tastings of regional wines, aperitifs and cheeses.
One full day will be spent on the French Riviera on the island of Porquerolles for freetime to explore the beaches, hiking trails or town. We will take a tour through the countryside to see the Roussillon "The Ochre Village" where we will visit the village, ochre mines, and be inspired to create in our art journals after viewing the famous red cliffs and quarries. The red, yellow and brown shades of the earth form a striking contrast with the lush green pinetrees. The vivid blue of the Provençal sky and the exceptional quality of light make this a magical site. Also, we will take a trip to the famous city of Aix-en-Provence to see the morning markets and then visit the Cesanne atelier and Mt St. Victoire that became the subject of a number of Cézanne's paintings. You'll enjoy a true Provencal experience with the markets, food, culture, and sites. Our final day will be spent relaxing at a beautiful spa in St. Tropez as well as a stroll through this famous harbor town.
Daily meditation and yoga classes will be offered in a way to relax, stimulate, and help guests grow in their own personal practice. Classes are open to all levels, beginner to practiced, and can range from gentle, restorative, and more vigorous vinyasa flow and ashtanga styles.* Style and class levels will be determined and moulded to fit participating students' needs, and with a small intimate retreat class size, students will be able to get personalized attention and comfortability to deeply explore their practice. Depending on each retreat location, classes will be held in a dedicated indoor yoga space and some also offer outdoor options as well for us to use if the weather is agreeable.
- * Participation in classes and activities is optional throughout the retreat. All levels welcome!
DETAILS / PRICING
- 7 days / 6 nights (June 5 - 11, 2016)
- Inclusive Retreat Price = $2,695
- Deposit to hold space = $900
- Max # Guests = 12
- * Prices based on shared occupancy. Single supplement available upon request.
- ** Final balance due 45 days before retreat start date.
- Read full cancellation policy in our Terms & Conditions.
- Villa accommodation (spacious bedrooms, private bathrooms, linens)
- Daily Breakfast
- Daily Dinner (at Villa and restaurants)
- Lunch on selected days
- Welcome cocktail party
- Transportation to/from day trips
- Ferry to Porquerolles Island
- Optional bike rental on free day
- Daily meditation and yoga classes
- Daily art classes
- Use of estate premises (hiking trails, pool, courts, etc.)
- Wine, Aperitif, Cheese Tasting
- Day tour through Roussillon, Aix-en-Provence, villages
- Visit to museums including Cezanne atlier
- Spa day
- Day trips + entrance fees
- Tips & Taxes
* airfare not included ** all meals are vegetarian. special dietary restrictions can be accommodated
- Spa Day and visit to St. Tropez
- Countryside tour to Roussillon and nearby Provencal villages
- Porquerolles Island + ferry
- Town: Besse sur Issole
- Nearest airport: Marseilles (MRS) and Nice (NCE)
- Possible to do easy train connection to region from Paris
- Nearest major TGV train station: Aix-en-Provence
- Transfers between Villa and Brigoles or Carnoules bus/train stations (which offers transfers to airport or Aix) can be arranged on first and last day of retreat. Private transfers directly from the airports or TGV can be arranged at an extra cost as well.
Besides the basic packing and travel needs, here are a few things to think about bringing with you.
- Bathing suit (on-site pool, spa)
- Comfortable shoes (city walking, country hiking)
- Yoga clothes
- Sweat towels for practice
- Plug adaptors / converters
- Casual clothing, layer for various weather