JUNE 4-10, 2017
7 DAY YOGA RETREAT
JUNE 4-10, 2017
7 DAY YOGA RETREAT
$2495 (USD) 7-Day inclusive price
$900 (USD) Hold deposit
Join us for our 7th annual collaboration with EAT.PRAY.MOVE Yoga during a 7-day yoga retreat held at our location in Italy. Enjoy daily yoga and day trips, along with amazing regional cuisine and even an "art as meditation" class led by Julian.
This magnificent art retreat will take place in the picturesque Italian countryside, along the border of Tuscany and Umbria. The house, called Siliano Alto, stands solid and square on its own small hill ringed with trees; olives, walnuts, and stately pines. Behind it a verdant wood, and all around golden, rolling fields and distant mountains. The estate, "Le Coste" (meaning the border) is a hillside paradise for nature and peace. This wonderful setting gives you a rare opportunity to explore a stunning wooded and pastoral landscape, home to a wide variety of birds and animals including deer, porcupine and, more than the occasional, wild boar. White roads and tracks criss-cross this ancient estate giving you the chance to walk or cycle and breath the air of a natural reserve, surrounded by beautiful hundred-year-old pines, cypress trees and extraordinary views across the valleys of Tuscany and Umbria.
If that isn’t tempting enough there are also a swimming pool (open seasonally) and 2 tennis courts to help you relax after a hard day at the easels. Wander through a hillside olive grove, walk between the shadows cast by majestic umbrella pines and cypress trees or simply be inspired by the landscape. Enjoy a glass of cold Prosecco or the sublime Brunello di Montalcino on one of our terraces whilst watching the sun set over the beautiful Tuscan town of Chiusi and the distant Montepulciano. In this environment you will paint and draw under the same mellow light that inspired the great Renaissance artists.
The guest house is now the restored former cantinas and stables on the groundfloor and have been transformed into apartments that are your Italian home for the week. One can immediately see the careful attention that went into restoring, decorating, and preparing these rooms. Two large apartments are divided into different rooms of various size accommodations, each complete with private bathroom and linens.
Healthful, vegetarian food is part of the retreat experience, including breakfasts and dinners daily, as well as some selected lunches. The food is simple, delicious and Italian, using fresh ingredients from the local market in Chiusi, much of which is organically grown; pumpkin risotto, pasta al forno, slow roasted fennel with red onions, salads with wild rocket and fresh figs… Selection is seasonal, and you can guarantee to love and appreciate each bite. We enjoy good local wine, from the vineyards between Chiusi and the famous wine region of Montepulciano. This type of wine is called 'vino sfuso' or 'loose wine', and is natural and free of chemicals. Breakfasts, lunches and dinners are enjoyed together as a group in the studio. The course fee includes all food and wine with your meals (excluding lunches on trip days). Some lunches may be served outside on one of the terraces or taken on location, and we also enjoy dinner together at a great local Tuscan trattoria during the week.
Guests will not only enjoy the villa and encompassing estate, but also the richness of the Italian cities in nearby regions. Day trips will allow students to add arts, culture, adventure, and natural beauty to their retreat experience. Trips include visits to small villages, large cities, and outdoor activities, even a day at a unique "Sensorial" thermal spa where guests will enjoy a treatment "circuit" through thermal waters, aromatherapy, chromotherapy, and relaxation pods. See smaller villages that few tourists go, and get a true education and taste of Italy with an olive oil, cheese, and wine tasting. Besides visiting the lovely town of Chiusi, other nearby villages and the breathtaking city of Siena, a full day will be spent in one of Italy's most spectacular cities, Florence - the home of the Renaissance. Julian and Erin will be your guides around the city, museums, and outlying walks. Enjoy seeing world famous works of art, as well as monuments, one-of-a-kind lookouts, and feeling the modern bustle of this compact city. Enjoy a meal in a unique Florentine restaurant, and even a gelato (or two) during the day!
Daily meditation and yoga classes will be offered in a way to relax, stimulate, and help guests grow in their own personal practice. Classes are open to all levels, beginner to practiced, and can range from gentle, restorative, and more vigorous vinyasa flow and ashtanga styles.* Style and class levels will be determined and moulded to fit participating students' needs, and with a small intimate retreat class size, students will be able to get personalized attention and comfortability to deeply explore their practice. Depending on each retreat location, classes will be held in a dedicated indoor yoga space and some also offer outdoor options as well for us to use if the weather is agreeable. Certified yoga instructor and EPM founder, Erin Lewis, will facilitate the classes, helping each student focus on improving their practice and gaining new insights into their bodies and movements. She's studied various types of yoga disciplines since 1998, concentrating on the Ashtanga discipline since 2008. She received her teacher certification in Florence, Italy and has continued her education with various specialty certifications throughout the years. She now combines powerful movements with more anatomical-based core vinyasa flow and restorative movement in her personal practice and teaching style. * Participation in classes and activities is optional throughout the retreat. All levels welcome!
DETAILS / PRICING
- 7 days / 6 nights
- Inclusive Retreat Price = $2,495
- Deposit to hold space = $900
- Max # Guests = 7
- * Prices based on shared occupancy. One single room is on site and is an additional $250 supplement and based on availability.
- ** Final balance due 45 days before retreat start date.
- Read full cancellation policy on EAT.PRAY.MOVE’s Terms & Conditions.
- Accommodation (spacious bedrooms each with private bathrooms, linens)
- Daily Breakfast
- Select lunches on day-trips or onsite
- Dinners onsite
- Beverages during onsite dining - including wine
- Transfers from Chiusi train station to retreat
- Transportation to/from day trips
- Meditation and yoga classes
- "Art as Meditation" class
- Use of estate premises (hiking trails, pool, art room, etc.)
- Tour guide on various day trips
- Cheese, Olive Oil, and Wine Tasting
- Thermal Spa day with "sensorial" treatment experience
- Day visit to Florence, entrance fees, meal, guides
- Day trip to Siena with entrance fees and guided walking tour
- Use of yoga mats
- Tips & taxes
* airfare not included ** all meals are vegetarian. special dietary restrictions can be accommodated
- Florence (enjoy a full day in the Renaissance City with works of art, famous lookouts, special Florentine meal, and more)
- "Sensorial" Thermal Spa (healthful visit to a Tuscan thermal spa)
- Countryside tour (various village visits, historic museums and churches)
- Tuscan Tasting Tour (explore the special nuances to different cheeses and oils in the Italian diet)
- Siena (explore this Medieval city with a guided visit and free time to explore)
- Countryside on border of Tuscany and Umbria
- Nearest town: Chiusi, Tuscany
- Nearest major airports: Leonardo da Vinci-Fiumicino Airport (FCO - Rome), Galileo Galilei Airpot (PSA - Pisa)
- Nearest local airports: Sant'Egidio Airport (PEG - Perugia), Florence Amerigo Vespucci Airport (FLR - Florence)
- Nearest train station: Chiusi-Chianciano Terme
- Transfers between Villa and train station can be arranged at no charge on first and last day of retreat. Single and group airport transfers are possible and pricing discussed upon request. Train transfer from all airports is quite easy, and we can help guide you on the directions.
Besides the basic packing and travel needs, here are a few things to think about bringing with you.
- YOGA MATS & STRAPS ARE PROVIDED
- Bathing suit (on-site pool, thermal spa)
- Comfortable shoes (walking tours)
- Yoga clothes
- Plug adaptors / converters