NOVEMBER 6-12, 2016
ART & YOGA RETREAT
NOVEMBER 6-12, 2016
ART & YOGA RETREAT
**SAVE $150 until Sept 30. Promo code "VENICE" at sign up**
$2395 Inclusive 7-day retreat (appr £1682)
$900 Hold deposit due upon sign up (appr £632)
Join us for another FORM+FOCUS retreat on a magical, mysterious exploration through ART + YOGA in the floating city of Venice, Italy! This is our continued collaboration with EAT.PRAY.MOVE Yoga and we're excited to show our guests the unexplored Venice in a time that many tourists miss.
FORM + FOCUS
This is one of our continued collaborations with EAT.PRAY.MOVE Yoga to combine a look at creative focus in movement with art projects in sketching and "ifonography" (smartphone photography) throughout the week. Yoga and meditation classes will be held daily to prepare our bodies and minds to find the calm in the magic that is Venice - and then these art projects will help us find news ways of seeing - both yoga and art working together to find FOCUS in the many layers of history, water, and beauty of the Venetian landscape. *NO PREVIOUS ART OR YOGA BACKGROUND REQUIRED. All levels are welcome, and participation is voluntary. Projects and classes will be offered as a completely exploratory, non-intimidating and personal experience.
Come away with us for a week in the magical part of Italy known as Venezia! Venice is a place unlike any other in the world and to see it is to transport yourself back to the days of Casanova, masked balls, and Carnevale. Oh, but there is so much more to Venice than what the usual tourist visit can offer. Our yoga retreat will allow for a deeper knowledge of Venice, its canals, and neighboring islands. We're so excited to offer this retreat during a unique time to visit this amazing city - as it's out of the main tourist season so you can get a deeper view into the local life, as well as a chance to see the "acqua alta" - the time of year when the waters rise and parts of Venice become an even more amazing visual landscape. Photographers and artists flock here during this time to take in and capture images of the "city of water" under water. If you want a unique glimpse into the parts of Venice that many tourists don't get to experience, then join us in November!
The retreat will be hosted at the beautiful luxury boutique hotel, Palazzo Vitturi, a Byzantine / Gothic Venetian Palazzo built during late 1200's and adorned by fine neo-classical original frescoes. Feel a timeless atmosphere where you're transported to the old days of glorious Venice, with the original beams, the Murano chandeliers, the typical venetian flooring, the capitals and decors: every detail will give you a flavour of romance and exclusivity to your time in Venice.
Healthful, vegetarian food is part of the retreat experience, including breakfast and dinner daily, and select lunches, either hosted at the villa or out and about in town. Ingredients are local and seasonal, and our meals will be inspired by the Venetian traditions. We will be visiting some of Venice's most historical cafes and restaurants like Florian during our visit, as well as smaller local in-the-knowosterias and trattorias for more traditional experiences.
Guests will not only enjoy the hotel property with its traditional decor, but will also have plenty of time to explore the city, the lagoons, canals, and other nearby islands - all with their own personality. An overview visit to Venice will allow guests to get their bearings in the maze of canals, to see the major sites, and even ride the famous gondolas. Another day will be spent seeing the island of Murano, the island of glass-blowing. We'll also venture out of Venice to a nearby "terme" town of thermal spas to get cozy by relaxing in the healthy waters and having some spa treatments. One night we'll be able to hear voices from Venice's past during a dinner and opera experience, and there's also plenty of time to explore on your own as well.
Daily meditation and yoga classes will be offered in a way to relax, stimulate, and help guests grow in their own personal practice. Classes are open to all levels, beginner to practiced, and can range from gentle, restorative, and more vigorous vinyasa flow and ashtanga styles.* Style and class levels will be determined and moulded to fit participating students' needs, and with a small intimate retreat class size, students will be able to get personalized attention and comfortability to deeply explore their practice. Depending on each retreat location, classes will be held in a dedicated indoor yoga space and some also offer outdoor options as well for us to use if the weather is agreeable.
Certified yoga instructor and EPM founder, Erin Lewis, will facilitate the classes, helping each student focus on improving their practice and gaining new insights into their bodies and movements. She's studied various types of yoga disciplines since 1998, concentrating on the Ashtanga discipline since 2008. She received her teacher certification in Florence, Italy and has continued her education with various specialty certifications throughout the years. She now combines powerful movements with more anatomical-based core vinyasa flow and restorative movement in her personal practice and teaching style.
- * Participation in classes and activities is optional throughout the retreat. All levels welcome!
DETAILS / PRICING
- 7 days / 6 nights (November 6-12, 2016)
- Inclusive Retreat Price = $2,395
- Deposit to hold space = $900
- Max # Guests = 12
- * Prices based on shared occupancy. Single supplement available upon request.
- ** Final balance due 45 days before retreat start date.
- Read full cancellation policy in our Terms & Conditions.
- Hotel accommodation (spacious bedrooms, luxury bathrooms, linens)
- Daily Breakfast and Dinner
- Aperitivo at famous Venetian cafe
- Select Lunches
- Transportation to/from day trips
- Daily yoga and art classes
- Venice sites
- Dinner + opera performance
- Entrance to Guggenheim Art Museum
- Boat tour
- Visit to Murano
- Market tour
- Venetian mask-making class
- Thermal spa day
* airfare not included ** all provided meals are vegetarian, with some seafood options on specific meals. special dietary restrictions can be accommodated
- Walking overview of Venice - (St. Mark's Square, Bascilica/Doge Palace, Bridge of Sighs, Rialto Bridge, Grande Canal, Frari, etc)
- Island boat tour - Murano (glass factory)
- Venetian mask-making demo and class
- Venetian Market
- Visit to the Guggenheim Art Museum
- Thermal spa day in nearby "Terme" village
* *tentative schedule, activities may be substituted based on weather and seasonability. All activities are carefully chosen based on the best experience for the guests.
- Nearest major airport: Venice Airport "Marco Polo" (VCE)
- Other major airports easily reachable by train: Bologna Aeroporto G. Marconi di Bologna (BLQ), Milano Malpensa Airport (MXP)
- Venice Train Station: Santa Lucia
Besides the basic packing and travel needs, here are a few things to think about bringing with you.
- *YOGA MATS & ART SUPPLIES PROVIDED*
- Bathing suit (spa day)
- Yoga clothes
- Personal yoga props (blocks, straps, etc.)
- Smart phone with camera and/or digital camera
- Plug adaptors / converters
IMAGES FROM FORM+FOCUS COURSES AROUND THE WORLD